Wiki Applications (Advanced)
- Duration: two hours
- Audience: Anyone
- Instructor: Vicki Brown
- Familiarity with the concepts covered in that class:
Wiki variables (using and setting), Wiki plugins (using)
This course is designed for anyone who want to get more power out of Wiki.
Application: software that employs the capabilities of a computer
to perform a task that the user wishes to perform.
- Aid organization, search, and retrieval of content
- Automate workflow
- Impose consistent Look & Feel across a set of topics
- Reduce learning curve
- Can be created by people with moderate computing skill sets (e.g. non-programmers)
First Half: What and Why?
The first hour will discuss what Wiki applications are and why you might want to use them.
- What is a Structured Wiki?
- What Are Wiki Applications?
- Lots of Examples!
Second Half: How?
The second hour will cover how to build a Wiki application, using:
- Data Entry
- Dynamic Indexing