How to: Create New Pages
See Also: HowToCreateTopic
To create a new topic, just give it a name.
First: Pick a Name
- Decide on a name for your topic.
Method 1: Make a link
Make a new link in any existing topic
- Edit any topic (preferably a related topic!)
- Add a link to the new topic's name
TWiki puts a ?
next to the name
to show that it is a potential link. (MyPage?
- TWiki will open an Edit window for the new topic
: The "parent" will be set to the topic that you linked from.
Method 2: Enter a Nonexistent URL
Type the URL to the (nonexistent) topic into the Address field of your browser.
- When you press Return, TWiki will tell you that the topic doesn't exist.
: Topics created in this way will be "orphans".
You should set a parent topic using More topic options