Create A New Topic
in the Help Web
IMPORTANT: This tool creates topics (pages) in the Help web!
If you don't have a NewTopicCreator topic in your web, copy this one before using it.
(Open this page in Raw View mode
and copy the content to a new topic in your own web.)
This tool provides an easy default location if you just want to get started
and don't want to worry about parent topics or related pages.
If you're creating one or more topics,
but you're not sure where they will eventually be hooked up, start here.
Don't worry too much about formatting when you begin.
Just put in the content.
Remember to preview your work on occasion.
When you've got your new topics(s) under control,
ask for help in hooking them into the rest of our web tree.
This topic (NewTopicCreator) is the default parent of all new pages
that aren't otherwise given a parent topic.
Before you begin:
Be sure to review our TopicGuidelines.
- Use a WikiWord (embedded capitals) to name your page
- NEVER name a page using only a simple English word
- Avoid using a simple Term or Acronym unless you are creating a definitive page for that term.
- Don't put the word 'TWiki' (or 'Wiki') or the name of the current web into the topic name.
- Related pages should have related names. Tip: include a shared key word, such as the project name.
- Consider how topics will show up in search results.
- Tip: put the most specific words at the beginning of the name, e.g. pages for project Zeo sort together if they all start with the word 'Zeo' rather than the word 'Project'
- Provide clues to the content in the name (e.g. ZeoProjectMeeting2014March is more obvious that 'MeetingNotes')
- Follow any Naming Conventions your team has! (See examples.)
Start a New Topic
Previously Created Topics
The topics listed below still have this page as their parent.
When you're ready, we'll reposition them into a more appropriate part of the Help web.