Yes! Please provide a clear statement of the analogous functions on a separate sheet of paper. Be sure to include as many of these functions as you can (even if they're not obvious in your drawing):
1. central control (nucleus)
2. regulates movement of "substances" in and out (cell membrane)
3. "protein" producers (ribosomes)
also, what is analogous to a protein in your analogy? Widgets? Hamburgers? Knowledge?
what is analogous to a lipid (fat),?
4. One or both of:
- makes lipids and gets rid of chemicals and poisons (Smooth Endoplasmic Reticulum)
- makes and regulates proteins (Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum)
5. Modifies, stores, and directs movement of product (Golgi)
6. Transports substances (Vesicles)
7. One (or both!) of
- Releases energy (mitochondria)
- Makes food (chloroplast)