This page discusses categories of maps which might be useful to a blind person.
This category includes specific locations (i.e., substantial pieces of real estate)
that have multiple walkways and/or buildings, e.g.:
- airport or transit station
- corporate or school campus
- gallery or museum
- hospital or medical center
- park or recreation area
- shopping center or mall
This category includes metropolitan areas that have multiple streets.
- driving: roads, rivers, etc
- transit: bus, ferry, light rail, etc.
This category includes regions (e.g., counties, states, countries) that have multiple cities.
- driving: highways
- transit: air or rail routes
This wiki page is maintained by Rich Morin
an independent consultant specializing in software design, development, and documentation.
Please feel free to email
comments, inquiries, suggestions, etc!