This page provides general notes on some example EPUB documents.
We are analyzing some example EPUB documents, discovering and documenting
that AxAp will need to address.
Our current document collection includes:
- AV - audio-visual content?
- FR - freely redistributable?
- Nav - has an EPUB 3 Nav file?
- NCX - has an EPUB 2 NCX file?
- Ver. - document's EPUB version
- Year - year of publication
- NCX column
- The "Ehh" entry refers to the fact that the "Part" level is missing.
- The "No!" entry refers to the fact that this (required) file is missing.
We are looking into several sources for EPUB test documents.
We are particularly interested in finding freely redistributable ones
that we can use for field testing (e.g., posting on our server):
If you are involved with publishing in EPUB format and would like
to submit a document for review and/or use in field testing,
please get in touch!
Extra points for challenging layout (e.g., tables, sidebars);
(freely redistributable) licensing is required for field testing.
This wiki page is maintained by Rich Morin
an independent consultant specializing in software design, development, and documentation.
Please feel free to email
comments, inquiries, suggestions, etc!