Ref Type: Atom
is a reference type which is shared, synchronous, and autonomous:
- shared - multiple threads can share access
- synchronous - requested changes occur immediately
- autonomous - changes are made to a single item
to 42, right now.
"CC" links to the official Clojure documentation; "CD" links to ClojureDocs.
- atom (CC, CD) - creates and returns an Atom
- compare-and-set! (CC, CD) - (maybe) set the value of Atom
- deref (CC, CD) - returns the current state of an Atom
- swap! (CC, CD) - swaps
f(atom) into the Atom
To be continued...
This wiki page is maintained by Rich Morin
an independent consultant specializing in software design, development, and documentation.
Please feel free to email
comments, inquiries, suggestions, etc!