(Multidisciplinary Simulation, Estimation, and Assimilation Systems) project
is performing ongoing research in Active Transfer Learning (ATL) for Ocean Modeling
ATL is an experimental outgrowth of both
(ie, inductive transfer).
The MSEAS Ocean Test Cases
provide a common framework
for researchers, helping them to evaluate ATL approaches and technology.
ISLE's response to these test cases will be based on
Inductive Process Modeling
in general and IPM Lab
MSEAS Test Cases
MSEAS has provided several test cases,
including equations, simulated data, and suggested problems.
After performing some of the simpler problems in this case,
to demonstrate that we have the basics right,
we plan to select and/or generate more challenging problems
that take advantage of our approach (IPM) and technology (IPM Lab).
We are currently concentrating on Test Case 2
(Learning for 2-D Biogeochemical Dynamical Systems).
Test Case 2 concentrates on the following general areas:
- Discover unknown biomass, biomass (time)
- Discover dynamical regimes, etc.
Inductive Model Learning
- Learn specific terms (e.g., unknown functionals, functionals (time), etc.
- Discover parameters and structures of the 0D biological reaction terms.
- Determine when/where certain terms matter: e.g. when do the physical terms matter?
This wiki page is maintained by Rich Morin
an independent consultant specializing in software design, development, and documentation.
Please feel free to email
comments, inquiries, suggestions, etc!