SketchApps Wish List
This page is a grab bag of things I'd like to do for SketchApps
(including the Plugin
- port development and support tools to Microsoft Windows
- reload plugins on code changes, ala Rails, Rerun, and Shotgun
- support "helpers", as in Rails and Sinatra
- support a "settings" API, as in Sinatra
- convert single quotes automagically for JS transmission
Harvesting of Model data
- add options (eg, instances, meta-attributes, which dictionaries)
- harvest metadata from any entity (eg, groups, layers)
- look into "lazy harvesting"
- add ability to display any dictionary
- add ability to edit attributes
- add a TreeMap viewer, based on D3
Complex components can cause the Attributes tab to load slowly.
An informal check indicates that most of the time is spent on:
0.114 create HTML for tab
0.019 push HTML to client
Both of these times could be reduced by some form of lazy loading.
For example, instead of creating and pushing HTML for the whole tab,
each disclosure triangle could load a single "level" of content.
Look into using various add-on libraries
- HTML alternatives and extensions (eg, HAML)
This wiki page is maintained by Rich Morin
an independent consultant specializing in software design, development, and documentation.
Please feel free to email
comments, inquiries, suggestions, etc!